Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Customised bracelet..!

For my technology school project I am designing and making shoes. One of my ideas was to create magazine style flip flops (which I shall post later on). They look really cool and I thought it would be a fun idea to make other accessories to match, I found this old gold bracelet and decided to cut up different coloured sections of an old magazine to cover it. I covered each 'ball' with PVA glue and wrapped the magazine cut offs round it, layering if needed. I did every other one for starters so each 'ball' didn't stick together and then went back and filled in the gaps. I left the bracelet for an hour or so and then covered the whole thing in PVA glue to give a shiny effect to it, but I am sure using a varnish or nail polish will give the same effect too! I think it looks really cute and will definitely be trying it on other things! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment